Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Week 9

                Admittedly, I listen to some pretty indecent music at times. A few years ago, my mom and younger sister visited and I had to skip every other song because she was only 12 years old. I didn’t want to subject her to the vulgarity of my music for obvious reasons. I felt a little weird about it but I changed the song immediately so there wasn’t any awkwardness.
       
                 Led Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, Krayzie Bone (from Bone Thugs n Harmony), Old Crow Medicine Show,  and Bob Marley are my five favorite bands, however, I don’t normally look at things like “top five” because I like a lot more music than just that. I have a very diverse music collection from Dixie Chicks to Tech N9ne or Rosemary Clooney to System of a Down, I like a lot of genres. My favorite genre is probably reggae because most of it pushes a very positive message.
               
                Starting a campus radio show is totally feasible, but I think a web show or a podcast is a little more valuable to students today, for most of us would rather see images with the audio. However, if more people wish to start a radio station, I think we should support them.
                
                The first program I would try to build is the “Vegan Network” or the “The Vanity of Veganity” which would focus on getting the vegans up to date news on restaurants, events, or even a new vegetable that’s coming out. I’m not vegan, but many Oregonians are, so I think that it may be a niche worth pursuing.
               
                The other program I would try is a program that focuses on all other college sports, excluding Beavers and Ducks. Beavers and Ducks are everywhere, but I hear almost nothing about the other college’s teams. I know most people like the Ducks or the Beavers, but as an outsider, it would be nice to hear how WOU’s basketball team is doing or LBCC’s baseball team for that matter.

                
               For “The Vegan Network,” students could have a farmers market or events like that to help raise money for their cause. They may also be able to visit other farmers markets in hope to have a booth and raise money there too. The program that focuses on non-Beaver or Ducks sports could raise money by fund raising at the local sports events. There are many sporting and non-sporting activities that both ideas could raise funds awareness at, for all colleges have numerous different events going on like plays, sports, or parties.


No comments:

Post a Comment