Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 3 Topic 1: Fallout 4 on Twitter

After searching for Fallout 4, a new game on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, on Twitter, I see that there is a lot of information about its upcoming release as well as things about the game that one might want to know like PC requirements, so you know whether or not your crappy Dell will play it. Most of it does seem like rubbish to me, like the video of Vince McMahon integrated into the game. I didn't get it.  
            In my opinion, the effectiveness of using Twitter to advertise the games release is nearly pointless, for Fallout fans are a cult fan base that already know damn well when it’s coming out. Most games advertise for weeks online and on TV, but I’d put money on Bethesda, the game maker, not putting a TV commercial out until maybe a week before the release. They don’t need to advertise and they know it. In fact, they kept the release and just the fact that it was being made for a long time, about 6 years. 

            In “WWGD?,” the concept I thought was surprising was the idea of having a great product and customer service and the customers will stay loyal. I wish more companies would adopt that belief because most of today’s products are crap. It seems like a hit or miss on the net sometimes even with the reviews that one can scour. I will say that when I find a brand that I think does make a good product, I stick with them. Seagate external hard drives till the day I die! They work great and if you do something stupid to ruin it, they replace it, no questions asked. They don’t need good advertising, they just put out a great product. 




No comments:

Post a Comment